A study by Animoto asked 1,000 consumers what they want to see with regard to social video. It also surveyed 500 marketers to determine whether they are fulfilling those expectations.
Highlights from the study were compiled into an infographic, which includes the following findings:
- 39% of consumers are more likely to finish videos that have subtitles. (The infographic reports that, according to Digiday, 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.)
- Preference between pre-recorded video and Facebook Live was split nearly down the middle, with pre-recorded video having just a slight edge (52% vs. 48%).
- 81% of marketers optimize their social videos for mobile.
GIFs are the newest, coolest trend on social media and getting a lot of attention because not only are they easy to view, they also usually offer a call to action. Fun Fact – We may think that GIFs are a recent phenomenon in the world of digital marketing, BUT animated GIFs have been around for more than two decades!
Here are just a few ways how to incorporate GIFs into your digital marketing strategy:
- The attention span of your audience is very low. GIFs are a smart way of reaching your target audience with a living picture of your message.
- GIFs are an easy way to get engagement from your target audience and show them how something works.
- Another way to use GIFs is through your email marketing, blogging, and other digital materials. It has been reported to raise the click through rate as well! GIFs are fun to watch, easy to find and easy to upload.
- GIFs can be about a new process you have, new products, telling a story, explaining a situation, tell a joke etc.
- GIF format can be done through Boomerang, GIF Keyboard, and GIPHY. There are tons of options out there for you!
Remember last week we talked about ‘Stopping the SCROLL’? Great article by B2C:
6 Step Process to Amazing Infographic Design
Step 1: Choose your topic and research your audience.
Step 2: Take a look at your data and consolidate it.
Step 3: Craft the copy.
Step 4: Design!
Step 5: Review, review, review.
Step 6: Publish and promote.