Facebook has over 1.3 billion users, the largest of any social network. In its ten-year history, it has become a fixture of the daily online experience. Nearly half of all Facebook users are active each day. When they visit Facebook, they spend an average of 18 minutes per visit!
These users aren’t only browsing profile updates or viewing photos. Each Facebook user is connected to an average of 80 pages, groups, or events. That’s where you come in — your marketing efforts and Facebook presence.
How often to post
With over 1 billion users throughout the world, Facebook is the place to be. As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to post daily, 5-7 days per week.
You don’t want to post too frequently as people easily get frustrated with too many posts. Make each post count by sharing fun pictures and posts that your followers will be interested in. Remember, the more your followers comment, share or like on your posts, the more likely are they to see them.
Additional Facebook Tasks:
There is more to do on Facebook than just publishing daily posts. These include efforts to grow your network, invite people to events, and interact with other businesses. More specifically, we recommend:
- Inviting Friends to Like your FB Page
- Adding a link to Facebook to your website
- Adding a link to Facebook to your email signature
- Running FB Ads to promote events to your followers
- Running FB Ads to increase Likes
- Running FB Ads to promote posts
- Sharing content from other Facebook Pages
- Sharing content from your Facebook page to your Personal Profile
Topics to post about
Begin thinking about what types of topics and posts will engage your target markets. You can interact with your Facebook Likes in a variety of ways, including:
- Thanking the new people that have liked your page by sending them a message or posting onto their wall with a discount
- Creating a coupon or discount tab that offers new Likes a special discount
- Asking questions to get their opinion or thoughts about a new product, topic, article or video
- Pinning stories to the top of your page (do this by hovering your mouse over the left-hand corner of that post and click on the pencil then pin to top).
- Offering free services to your Likes
- Posting videos and images – people love to see videos and images and seem to have more interaction than a regular post. These videos and images should represent your company’s services, products, interests, and industry topics.