Want to learn some Social Media Tricks?
Want to learn some Social Media Tricks?
Most business people are used to the notion of having live events with paid attendees along with great attendance. I have noticed over the past year that has changed. The numbers in networking events, workshops, seminars, and classes have gone down in attendance. It seems to me like people are wanting to stay in the comfort of their own home or office, rather that continuosly going to event after event after event. This has hurt the businesses of trainers, coaches, and teachers. Some people are about to give up on teaching because they think that there is no other way out there to teach others what they know.
WAIT there is . . . there are many options to continue what you love to do and have paid attendees and great attendance. With the technology today we have many great options like Webinars, Tele-seminars, Recorded online classes, and YouTube videos. Webinars and Tele-seminars can be found at www.gotowebinar.com, www.gotomeeting.com, www.freeconferencing.com, www.freeteleconference.com these are great resources to look into. With Webinars, there is a visual presentation and people like that. You can have an introduction video or just have a slide show of the content of the class. This is a great way for people nationwide to see you and grow your business. Tele-Seminars are where people have a call number and code and they call into you. This does not have any pictures and is a great tool to use for people that do not like to be on video. Tele-Seminars can be recorded or done live. This is also a great interaction tool where live people are able to ask questions and be interactive with you. Webinars have the same thing. Both of these options have the ability to charge for the event and also count RSVP, and then you promote them the same way as you would a live event, for example; networking events, pass out flyers, social media, website, facebook ad Etc.
YouTube videos are a great way for an introduction overview that you can blast out to your contacts and keep them up to date on current events you have. This is where people that are use to doing live events have a problem; they miss that live face to face interaction. With video you can still have face to face, just not person to person. The one thing I like to most about webinars and tele-seminars is they can all be recorded! This is a great way to create online product to sell to other clients and/or customers. By allowing yourself to create online products it will really will free up a lot of your time.
Think about it . . . if you could spend 3-5 hours a week creating online products such as video courses, recorded calls, e-books Etc. You could then send the rest of the time promoting your products and letting people come to you, rather than driving all around town teaching, finding a place to hold the event, figuring out cost, making promotional materials, drive time. Your time is the most valuable thing in business so we need to choose wisely. I look forward to seeing your products.
Over the past 5 years or so, internet marketing has become a large part of business marketing and advertising. Before the Internet grew this large, there were other ways of advertising like TV, Newspaper, Print Magazine, Radio, and Door to Door. Some people would say that the “old” ways of advertising were a lot more personal and private, and the thought of putting information on the web was scary. Now you need to be cautious and smart but internet marking can reach more people nationwide on a daily basis than those other forms could. Technical side of our world is constantly growing and some may say that is a great thing and some may say it is not. In my opinion internet marketing is a great thing, this can help our businesses come together all over the world and unite and also build a closer community.
There are many different ways of internet marketing strategies just like there are in a lot of industries. Someone told me the other week that there are many ways to do a lot of things, and there are only a few ways to do something wrong. With Internet Marketing including Social Media there are many ways to get results and have it be a profitable avenue for your business. People have a big fear when it comes to Social Media because you are exposing yourself, your businesses, and your opinions out into the world. You are finding people on Facebook from high school, college, old jobs, and other areas of life; this can be overwhelming and makes you want to resist Internet Marketing. What I would say is Don’t let the fear stop you from reaching potential client, the internet is a great way to grow your business and get the exposure that your business deserves. When you go to in person networking events, seminars, leads groups ect. you are meeting a certain percentage of people in your community, there are still thousands of people right in your back yard that could use your services/products or would e a great power partner for you. Internet Marketing can include creating a blog, where you voice your opinion on your passion, that will convey a personal aspect. you can also post videos of your product/service, be active on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter), having a good website that is SEO (search engine optimization).By utilizing all of these tools you can increase your business immensely.
One of the aspects of Internet Marketing that I value the most is how you can track everything. With Social Media you can add fans, followers, and connections. Once you build those then you can start seeing how many people are being active on your sites and want to know what is going on with your business. With blogs you can put Google analytics on the back side so you can monitor how many people are coming to your site, where they are located, and what days they are coming to your site. This is a great tool to have in order to know what days are the best to post your videos and blogs.
Internet Marketing can be a little overwhelming but the secret to Internet Marketing is to create a plan of action. In this plan of action you will discover what your goals are, what are you excepting out of internet marketing, what type of people can help your business grow and who can you help as well. Do you need to do blogs, videos, social media, and more? Let’s find out!
1) Make your videos viral
2) Use other social media outlets to post your videos like Twitter, Digg, Facebook, ETC
3) Have a plan or theme for your videos
4) Make sure the sound is clear so people can hear you clearly
5) Keep your content engaging to your audience, make it funny and informative
6) Keep your videos clean without too much conversation
7) Have your logo and information (Video bumper) on each video
8) Write down your goals for YouTube, what do you want to give and receive from it
9) Use a good camera and editing tool. ( Windows movie maker, Camtasia are good editing tools, cameras any cannon or Kodak are great)
10) Make sure you are recording with an HD camera and publishing in HD so it is very clear for your viewers
11) Have a color scheme to your videos and stay congruent
12) MOST IMPORTANT BE YOURSELF, show your authenticity
13) Remember nothing is perfect online, it is better to get videos up rather than trying to look like Oprah, as small business owners we do not have a backroom stage crew
14) Practice before doing your video that you will post out into the Internet world
15) Think of doing an ongoing series of videos then think of making a product of those videos
16) Do more than just talk if you are doing a video longer than 3 minutes, be interactive and have handouts and pictures
17) Work hard on getting you videos between 2-5 minutes, after that it is hard for people to stay engaged. If you are creating a product or training that is different
18) Make a schedule for your videos, once people start to like you and follow you they will be used to a schedule, this also keeps you on track.
19) Have a creative sign off that people will remember and brands you
20) Ask for feedback from your viewers and have them leave comments
21) Work on bringing other people into your videos, clients, coworkers, friends, family so it is not always you
22) Do not use music unless you have permission
23) Remember the title of the video is just as important as the content
24) Use your keywords in your title and tagging in YouTube and other Internet outlets
25) Use tags in addition to the keywords, as this also get people attention
26) Do not stress over negative comments leave them, pay attention to them and see if it is something you need to change or someone just having a bad day
27) Use as many social networks as you can to get your videos out there, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Digg, Delicious, ETC
28) Let your customers and email list know when a new video went out and ask them to share it
29) Add your videos to various communities and subject areas of YouTube for more exposure
30) Remember to thank people who post positive comments and see if you can do the same for them
31) It is ok if all your videos are not all huge hits, be patient and practice
32) Have a script or bullet points you want to make in your video
33) Use analytics tools like YouTube insight to track your sources and hits
34) Use the word “video” in your title
35) DO NOT MAKE YOUR VIDEO A SALES AD
36) Choose your thumbnail picture wisely. YouTube actually allows you to choose your thumbnail picture
37) You can delete comments on YouTube, so do not hesitate to get rid of those negative or rude comments on your YouTube channel
38) You can put up more than one video at a time
39) Be real, don’t try and fake something you’re not
40) Have FUN and focus on fun, and then it will be fun for others
41) Aside from your logo and website include a phone number and email people can reach you at
42) Watch others in your industry and learn from them both good and bad
43) Stick with your target market. You want loyal viewers
44) Do videos in different locations, office, outside, client project ETC. If using a webcam please make sure when you publish it that your lips are sync with your words
45) Make a YouTube Channel profile, it gives your viewers a personal touch
46) Do NOT cuss or use inappropriate language. Stay away from religion and politics in videos
47) Use props, costumes, pictures and other “organic” items in your video.
48) Create a video bumper with your logo and theme music before you start
49) Utilize other videos sites to get your videos posted
50) Specify your channel type, and have a clear sense of what you are offering on the YouTube channel’s main page.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.