Social media is an excellent platform for promoting your business and reaching your audience.
With billions of users logging in on their accounts almost every day, there is no doubt that social media can help you grow and scale your brand over time.
But the truth is that having an audience isn’t enough. If you want to grow a fanbase, you need to interact with your audience and keep them engaged. One of the best ways to get the conversation started is by asking questions.
Asking questions will not only help you genuinely connect with your audience, but it can also help you improve your organic reach.
But before we give you a list of social media questions, here are some tips to further pump up your engagement when asking questions.
Ask questions that are easy to answer
This is supposed to be a fun activity, so don’t let your audience think too hard. The easier it is for your audience to answer the questions, the more likely will they participate.
While some may not always engage, but fun and easy questions may encourage people to stop and be interested enough to read the comments.
Make use of visuals
Studies suggest that social media posts with images get 2.3 times more engagement than those without. So if you want to grab people’s attention, we highly suggest that you include a visually appealing image with it. But make sure that it is relevant to your content.
Post when your audience are most active
Just like any other social media content, you want to post the questions when your audience are actively engaging on the platform. Keep in mind, though, that the best time varies from platform to platform. So be sure to do some research.
Choose relevant and on-trend topics
If you’re struggling to find questions to ask your audience, just hop on to Google and do some research. There are also lots of tools available that can help you find trending topics in your industry.
Questions to ask on social media
Just for fun questions
Social media is a great place to ask just for fun question. The answers people give you aren’t really important. What matter most is that you’re
- If you were planning a dream vacation where would you be going?
- What movie would be the most fun to live in?
- If you got offered a reset button for your life would you push it?
- What movie have you watched more than five times?
- If you could only have one snack for the rest of your life what would you pick?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island, what three items would you bring?
- What job would your pet have it was human?
- What would the title of your autobiography be?.
- What weird talent do you possess?
- What shows are you binging on Netflix right now?
Asking business-related questions is not only a great way to engage your customers, but also helps you get insights from your customers.
- If we gave you $100 to spend in our shop, which products or services would you stock up on?
- Which do you prefer, [product A] or [product B]?
- What kind of [industry] content would you like to learn about?
- Do you prefer podcasts, videos, or blog posts?
- What’s the #1 thing you struggle with when it comes to [industry]?
- What’s one product/service you’d like us to start offering?
- What deal would you prefer to get? 15% off or free shipping?
- What’s the #1 thing you look for in a [your product or service]?
- Would you be sad if we discontinued [product]?
- What questions do you have about [product-related topic]?
People love food. In fact, most people enjoy taking a snap of their food and posting them on social media. Asking food-related question will surely get them talking.
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your specialty dish?
- If you could only eat at one fast-food restaurant for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- If you could cook with any celebrity chef, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite healthy snack/food?
- What’s the most adventurous meal you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could buy any type of food right now, what would you buy?
- What was your favorite food as a kid?
Gratitude-related or motivation questions
More and more people are being drawn to the idea on reflecting on their lives. As such, people are more open to talking about what motivates them, what they’re grateful for, and other positive thoughts. Asking these types of questions are sure to boost your social media engagement.
- What’s one thoughtful thing someone did for you recently?
- What are you grateful for today?
- What’s a difficult lesson that you were grateful to learn?
- What’s the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? (Tag that person)
- Who is someone that really listens when you talk? (Tag them below)
- What was the last thing you got really excited about?
- What’s one thing you hope to accomplish this week?
- What’s your #1 goal for this year?
- What kinds of things motivate you in life?
- When was the last time you felt truly motivated
Would you rather questions
Would you rather questions are fun. They’re great for long road trips and are equally as good on social media. You can post them as regular content or post them as stories to drive engagement.
- Would you rather be unable to use search engines or unable to use social media?
- Would you rather live alone in a beautiful countryside or work hard and live in the city around the people you love?
- Would you rather receive a free world tour opportunity or never have to pay for food at restaurants?
- Would you rather know all of someone’s darkest secrets or have the ability to read minds
- Would you rather travel to the past or travel to the future