We are so excited to launch our second course, which launches June 9: Website in a Weekend!
This course is geared toward the do-it-yourself-er who is tech savvy, but just doesn’t know how to stylize and create a WordPress Website. We’ll be starting with the basics of purchasing hosting and installing WordPress and the Enfold theme, followed by selecting brand colors and fonts. At this point, I’ll bring your through creating captivating pages, inserting forms, and best practices for your website content.
The Website in a Weekend course includes self-paced lectures, handouts, tutorials, and step by step guides.
Over the course of June 23, 24, 25, I will be working with a select group of solopreneurs, marketing teams, business owners, bloggers, and those with brilliant ideas to create their dream websites. Prior to the weekend, I will host a free welcome webinar (registration below) to help you decide if you are a candidate for the Website in a Weekend course. I simplify the entire website design process, but still require individuals to be motivate and have some knowledge of technology.
For this weekend you will have access to me via the Members Only Facebook Group where I will be answering questions live. There is also the option for additional support that we can add on should you need it beyond this intensive weekend.
What’s Included in Website in a Weekend?
Module 1: Setting the Stage
Before you even start building your website, you need to think about your website and business as a whole. Here you will be guided through:
- Defining your business
- Researching your competitors
- Thinking big
Module 2: Branding your Business
Without brand standards, your entire presence can feel disjoint. This is an integral piece to any marketing and can transform your website from blah to a true masterpiece. We will provide a:
- Values tool to gain clarity on your person (and business) values
- Font pairing workbook to select your core business fonts
- Colors overview and step by step how to choose the colors that define your business
- Overview of images and and overall feeling of your brand
Module 3: Your Website Content
We aren’t quite at setting up your website yet! Before you even create that first page of your site, it works best to know what pages you need and already have the content for those pages. Here you will:
- Use a workbook to select the must-have pages on your site
- Begin writing the content for these pages
- Understand effective calls to action on your pages
You will also receive templates to write:
- Your About Page
- Services Pages
- Product Pages
Module 4: Website Layout and Wireframe
Finally, let’s think about your website design. Here we will work through:
- Identifying the elements of other websites that you are drawn to
- Constructing your page hierarchy (which pages are parent pages vs subpages)
- Building a wireframe (or visual layout of your website)
Module 5: Let’s Get to Building
As long as you have a guide and think only one step at a time, the technical side of building your site can actually be a breeze! You’ve already completed the tough stuff. Now we just need to work through putting the elements together. In this module we:
- Purchase hosting and your domain if you haven’t already
- Install Worpress and upload the Enfold theme (for $75, I am happy to complete this step for you)
- Follow our Step by Step guide to checking your WordPress settings from hosting through to final design
- Complete an overview of widgets on your site
- Have access to numerous templates for page designs
- Access to a guide to use additional elements in the Enfold theme
We love the Enfold theme and have found it customizes to really any design you desire without needing to add additional plugins or touch the code. From photographers to business consultants, technology companies and chiropracters, this theme does it all!
Module 6: Plugins
Though Enfold does it all, we have a list of plugins that we recommend for all websites to increase the search engine optimization, optimize your lead funnel, and more. This module
- Walks you through the concept of a Plugin
- Gives access to the top plugins we use for clients
Module 7: Forms, Freebies, and Subscribers
Congratulations! You have a beautiful, branded website to which you are empowered to make changes! A website is an ever-morphing project that can continue to grow as you write blog posts, expand your services, and create resources for prospects. The last piece of the puzzle is to set your business up for success using forms, freebies, and subscribers. Here you will:
- Understand why freebies on your site are more than just giving information away for free
- Receive step-by-step information on how to create and embed forms on your site using MailChimp
- A sneak peak into Convert Kit for those looking to take their subscriber list to a new level
- Templates for creating your own EBooks, Infographics, and more!
Once you complete the Website in a Weekend course, you will continue to have complete access to all the lectures, resources, handouts, and tools. Additionally, you will keep your membership to the Website in a Weekend Facebook Group for additional support from my team and other businesses that have been through the process of designing and building their website!
Next Steps? Join the Free Welcome Webinar on:
June 17, 2017 at 8 am Mountain Time (10 am ET)
On June 17th at 9 AM Mountain Time, join us for a Free Webinar to get started on your website design project. This course is designed for a specific group of people who are motivated and technically savvy enough to build their own website with guidance and over site from a WordPress website specialist. It is for the individual who has the goal of showing off their new site by July 4.
In this Free Webinar, you will have a clear sense of if the Website in a Weekend course is for you. You will also receive the first handouts for:
- Beginning to organize your content
- Brainstorming website design elements that you can’t live without
- and more.
I know you are a busy professional, and taking time away from your business, family, and life two weekends in a row is a lot to ask! Because of this, even in the free June 17 webinar, I’ll be providing an in depth overview of exactly what you need to get started on a website design project.
Reserve your Seat Today
Enter your name and email address below to reserve your seat for the Website in a Weekend Welcome Webinar on June 17 at 8 am Mountain Time (10 am ET).
WordPress in a Weekend Pricing
Register for June 23, 24, 25 Launch
Lifetime access to all course materials including:
- Step-by-step guides
- Member only Facebook Group
- Ability to build your site in 3 days
Or 2 Payments of $198.50
Additional Support with Course
Lifetime access to all course materials with additional add-on support:
- Two 30 minute personal phone calls to work through your individual questions
- One hour website development to tackle technical troubles including inserting layout elements, uploading theme, changing formatting and CSS.
- Add-on: $400
Or 2 Payments of $398.50