You wrote a blog… now what?
We often are asked, “I wrote an article, what happens now?” This checklist provides an overview of the steps to publish your blog or article and how to share it as part of your digital marketing content strategy.
Prepare for Publishing
- Write an effective post title that includes keywords and is persuasive
- Divide text into smaller sections with headings
- Deep link to past posts
- Add a question at the end to encourage discussion
- Add on-brand, SEO-ready images
- Add “alt text” to your images, which will be used as your Pinterest pin description
- Add a featured image (on WordPress)
- Make sure your blog contains keywords and header tags
Share your Blog
- Pin your post image onto Pinterest
- Schedule it to be pinned to any Pinterest group boards that are relevant
- Share your post on Facebook and Twitter
- Create a LinkedIn Group Discussion from your Blog Post
- Post your blog to your LinkedIn Company Page and Personal Profile
- Schedule your post for Twitter 3-5 more times over next few days and weeks
- Share an excerpt from your article to Medium.com
- Respond to comments
- Check the analytics of your post to see how much engagement it received. The worksheets in our Blogging eBook offer one place to store this information.
- In 1-2 months, repin your post onto Pinterest and re-share on other social media channels